Monday, May 23, 2005

I Fogrot: Best moment of E3

Whilst waiting in line for the badge holders on Wednesday, this guy in line ahead of us asked Colin(a coworker) what kind of games would make for good t-shirts. So I'm thinking, ok, legitimate question - maybe he's in the shirt makin' business or something and trying to do research. Then he says something like, "I know the Zeldas are good, but what's the next big thing?". The first half of that just sounds off, but the second part is both A)pretty wide-open and not really answerable and B)seems to lead one to believe that "the Zeldas" are a big thing now...which I guess after the show is kind of true, but certainly in the grand scheme of today's marketplace, Zelda is no GTA, WoW, or...if you're part of the IGN crowd, Resident Evil 4...ahem. The way I see it, Zelda has been and always will be a big thing. It ain't going anywhere. If Nintendo's Revolution turns out to be their last foray into the console market, you know that eventually there'd be a Zelda for the PS5 or Xbox 1080.
Still, not a big deal until the guy opens his mouth and says what I'm sure was probably the dumbest thing said at this video game show. He says...and I'm paraphrasing slightly because it was so stupid that I think part of my brain broke...he says "Do you think anyone will make a game of the Hallow?" The last word pronounced "Hal"-"oh". Where to start? What I, and Colin who asked him for clarification moments later, rightly assumed was that he meant to say "Halo". This makes the question all the more ridiculous and I don't think I need to explain why.
I just cannot fathom going to a convention or trade show for something you know nothing about and then trying to do research. That would be like me going to a Christian convention and asking if they'll ever write a book with the Jaysus in it.
Dude just made me think of this.

2 Comments:

At 5/24/2005 7:51 AM, Blogger John said...

I wonder if he was at comicon?

"Is there anything around here with them X-Dudes in it?"

 
At 5/30/2005 9:08 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Dood, I swear the E3 registration comitee admitted more than the retard capactiy could hold this year.

I got knocked over by a SUIT while I was waiting in line for a Rockstar Hat.

What the fuck is that? A nerd, sure to be expected. But a suit? What the hell!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home