Sunday, August 28, 2005

It's official: we're too old.

MUSIC: Blackalicious - Touch the Stars

Congratulations Mtv, for producing an awards show I now have zero interest in watching. Obviously, each year these things (and the channel in general) have been getting worse, since it's peak in 1995 (look up the artists that year if you doubt this) but I tune in each year regardless. Usually it's only for one or two acts, but it's at least mildly entertaining otherwise; be it Lil Kim's boob hanging out, Chris Rock ranting, or Courtney Love throwing a shoe at Madonna, there's at least something.
Well this year I turn it on and see Kanye (woo!) and Jamie Foxx (meh) doing a pretty decent number. Then commercial, then they resume and I realize they're in fucking Miami. Why are they having their premiere show at somewhere other than NY, or even LA if need be? Miami? So then there's some award, then Mariah's crazy ass, then another award...this time for breakthrough video. The nomiees inclued Sarah Mclaughlin (huh?), Gorillaz (but...), and Missy (now wait a goddamn minute here). How are any of these breakthrough? Have they not been around 4 years bare minimum? So while my head is hurting because of this, I'm wondering where "Diddy" left his P, and 50 Cent comes on, not even singing the chorus to his own goddamn shitty single. You know he's even got the nerve to rerelease his latest (terribly disappointing) album right? We get back from commercial (Kanye selling Pepsi...say it ain't so!) and here comes Paris Hilton and "Bow Wow" (I guess he ain't Lil any more). That's it, fuck this, I'm out. I changed the channel and I'm not looking back.
The sad thing is, I saw a commercial for the next Real World/Road Rules challenge...and I can't fucking wait!

Til next time,
Shake, sh-sh-shake dat ass, girl.

1 Comments:

At 8/30/2005 1:08 AM, Blogger Maria said...

Yeah i saw that awards thingy too. It was terrible. Actually, i only tuned in for the first 30 mins.
I barely watch MTV nowadays. Its going down the drain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home