Thursday, March 17, 2005

You've got Maverick, the Iceman, and me.

MUSIC: Shivaree - Goodnight Moon

Aloha internet!
So I had an interview for a promotion last Thursday...they said "early next week"(meaning this week), but it's been a week and still nothing. The longer it goes, the less I think I may get it. On the upside, promotion or no I am going permanent and getting a raise. And with said raise I am joining the gym across from work...and while I'm not looking to get Girth Johnson-type buff, just getting into any kind of shape other than squishy should be good.

Wizardworld is this weekend. My goal is to get Tim Sale (he of Batman: The Long Halloween fame) to either do a new Batman sketch or finish the one he started damn near 2 years ago...
I was at the San Diego Comicon in 2003 and on the last day I wandered back to the artist area (for about the 4th time that weekend) to look for Mr. Sale. Well, this time he was finally there, so I asked for a Batman sketch. He uncaps his pen, settles in to start, then gets a phonecall. Now, I'm no bigtime artist (stick figures is as far as it gets) but you'd think if a fan takes the time to come over, introduce themselves, and praise their work, that they should at the very least acknowledge said fan. But no, as soon as he answered his phone, I barely existed. He quickly doodled a bat-shaped thing, slipped my book back to me, and gave me a shrug and a "sorry". Now, I don't know who was on the other end...maybe something important, maybe not. But c'mon...either tell me to hang on or tell me to come back later or something. I ain't mad at the guy, and I'm still a fan...but I wants me a proppa bat sketch, knowhutahmsayin? Anyway, I hope to get a Tim Sale Batman and then go and take it to Jeph Loeb and get him to write something for Bats to say. A Loeb/Sale original ripe for framing...the perfect piece of flare for any geek's wall. In any case, I hope to take mad pictures of all manner of comicbook/scifi shennanigans, costumed or otherwise...so I'll post em up here shortly.

St. Patty's day is wasted on a Thursday...especially if you have to work on Friday. Hopefully we can properly remedy the drinky situation tomorrow night.

So I've realized (imagined?) lately that I may come off as something of a braggart(braggard?...I mean one who brags). Things have been going really well for me lately and talking to some folks (probly no one reading this, don't worry:) who maybe aren't doing so hot, I am becoming concerned of sounding overly all up on myself. I really don't mean to...but if someone asks me what's going on and I say that I got new limited edition Underworld Adidas, I am not bragging or rubbing it in anyone's face, k? If that's what I'm thinking about, then that's what I'm gonna talk about. I don't expect anyone to edit themselves for me, so I don't for you, got it? If I bring my PSP to work, it's not to say nyah-nyah, it's because if you got one I'd damn sure want you to bring it in so's I could play with it. Maybe I'm imagining things...

FYI, the new Daft Punk album is a big ol' let down. It's not terrible, but not great. Save yer money, it's no Discovery.

MFYI, the new Out Hud is reeeeeeeeeeeeally good. Look past the terrible cover and buy it next week.

EMFYI, the James Hyman/Audioshrapnel bootleg A Quentin Tarantino mashup is fucking brilliant...I am looking for a way to post this up somewhere handy for the illashare folks, since at 55 tracks, I can't really use the gmail.

A final note: I had been kicking around the idea of a KMFDM mashup mixtape for my next lil audio outing("Son of Cranberry"(?) due summer 05), but after listening/thinking about it, I'm bailing on that idea. Their music is too fast in general for hiphop vocals, and the slower stuff isn't as fun as I want it to be. I still think Godlike will mix with 99 Problems, but then again what doesn't?

Til next time,
I'm taking bets...Cookie Puss vs. Fudgy the Whale

1 Comments:

At 4/19/2005 8:10 PM, Blogger illaphilla said...

ok now i'm really damn curious who posted this.

anyway, i was going for Even More For Your Information...but that is kinda confusing. I suppose it should have been EMIFY...but that's just silly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home